Hope for Moms: for my Tita Neneth

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

for my Tita Neneth

Losing someone will always be painful especially if the parting means it will be forever. My Tita Neneth passed away last July 5 and she was living in the US with my grandma and other two aunts. She died of pelvic cancer and they told me she was in pain. I saw her last pictures and though she lost weight, she still has that happy smile across her face. She was always strong. She was fighting to live, even in her suffering. I can still remember how she taught us about life, that we should finish our studies, get a great job and help my family.

I guess I will never have the chance to thank her for all the things she has done for me. After my father died (I was 10) she sent me and my other two siblings to school. Its just sad that she never saw my two kids. We have not talked since I conceived my first baby. I know I disappointed her, because I started a family too soon. I still have the guilt feeling because I know they expected a lot from me. Guilt feelings not only for her but for my mom as well. I know she will be somewhere safe and happy. Together with my Papa and itay.

I hope she will find it in her heart to forgive me. May she look down upon me and see how fulfilled mother I am together with my family. I will never forget you and I will forever love and miss you....



In memory of my loving aunt...



0 comments: