Hope for Moms: Miles Away

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Miles Away

I have been away for months and got busy with the hustle and bustle of life. My husband had his vacation and we spent some quality time together and with the kids. I must admit that distance and time has also taken its toll in our relationship. All those months of separation created some silent conflicts and misunderstandings that even the high speed internet can't fix. It is different when two people sit down together face to face and talk things to down. Sometimes I wonder how we have done it.. one answer always come to my mind -- it must be love.

We see to it that we rekindle those feelings by going out on dates, making each other laugh, always being together and doing things together. I always thought that we are different if not opposite with each other. He has a wild and lively spirit while I'm the quiet and reserved type. Two puzzle pieces that come together and compliments each other.

It is sad because we have to make sacrifices for the sake of the family and our relationship has to take the backseat. We always see to it that we still put effort in making each other feel special even with the circumstances. With eyes wide shut, we tolerate the pain of separation because we have a family to raise and we are parents to make it happen.


0 comments: